A home inspection is a limited visual and non-evasive examination of all major systems of a home. The focus is on identifying existing or potential problems. These include:
- Roof, vents, flashings, and trim.
- Gutters and downspouts.
- Skylight, chimney and other roof penetrations.
- Decks, stoops, porches, walkways, and railings.
- Eaves, soffit and fascia.
- Grading and drainage.
- Basement, foundation and crawlspace.
- Water penetration and foundation movement.
- Heating systems.
- Cooling systems.
- Main water shut off valves.
- Water heating systems.
- Interior plumbing fixtures and faucets.
- Drainage sump pumps with accessible floats.
- Electrical service line and meter box.
- Main disconnect and service amperage.
- Electrical panels, breakers and fuses.
- Grounding and bonding.
- GFCIs and AFCI.
- Fireplace damper door and hearth.
- Insulation and ventilation.
- Garage doors, safety sensors, and openers.
- And much more.
A typical inspection should take 2.5 to 4 hours to complete, start to finish. Larger homes, or homes in poor condition, it may take longer.
Yes! In fact your participation is essential. Not only will you get a “play by play” of all the issues as they are discovered, it also gives you a complete understanding the homes true condition before you leave the property and the opportunity to ask any questions to ensure you understand the importance and significance. When you receive the report later in the day, it’s a perfect summary for you to evaluate.
Yes, absolutely! Our commitment to you does not end with the presentation of the final report. You are welcome to contact us anytime with telephone follow up questions free of charge for up to 1 year.
No. Inspectors are not insurance companies. What you are buying from us is our opinion about the home. This opinion is based on our expert knowledge and experience, but is still a time sensitive and limited visual inspection of the home. What is hidden, non-accessible, and apt to happen over time is not within the scope of the inspection.
Payment can be made via cash or cheque.